Serve up the taste of the Mediterranean with this fresh summer dish. The dulse seaweed not only adds a depth of flavor to the tomato paste (which doubles up as a super tasty sauce for pasta) but also adds a rich purple colour when sprinkled on top.
It's what we're all looking for this summer, a good-for-you, simple, crowd pleaser.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- Half a pack of ready-made puff pastry
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced and patted dry on kitchen paper
For the paste
- 90g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 75 g unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons Seaspoon Dulse seaweed
- handful fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- tablespoon olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Make the sundried tomato, cashew and dulse paste by putting it all into a blender, or nutri-bullet, and blending to a smooth mixture.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle. Lightly score a rectangle with a sharp knife 1cm from the edge of the pastry and prick the centre with a fork a few times.
- Bake in the hot oven for approx. 5 mins, until the pastry has started to rise a bit.
- Spread the paste thickly over the centre of the pastry and cover with thinly sliced tomato rounds
- Bake in the oven for 12 mins until the pastry has risen and is cooked.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil and extra dulse seaweed on top and serve with a green salad.
You can buy Dulse Seaweed from our webshop.