Served as a light lunch sharing platter, this dish will be a real crowd-pleaser amongst your festive spread.
The sweet figs and the sticky fig relish are the perfect accompaniment to the rich goat's cheese and scones (all the better if they're served still warm from the oven).
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 goat’s cheese log
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 teaspoons of Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 2 tbsp fig chutney or relish
- 4 fresh figs, cut into wedges
- 4 Cheese, Seaweed and Herb Scones (see separate recipe) halved
- A good handful of mixed green salad leaves
- Walnuts pieces (optional)
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Cut the goat’s cheese log into eight slices. Brush each slice with warmed runny honey on one side and sprinkle with Seaspoon Seaweed Boost so that it sticks to the honey.
- Lay a slice of the honey-coated goat’s cheese onto each halved seaweed scone (see separate recipe) and top each with a small dollop of fig chutney or relish.
- Make the green salad and dot around the fig wedges. Position the cheese topped scones around the dish.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, scatter a few broken walnut pieces if desired, and serve.
Buy Seaspoon Seaweed Boost from our webshop: