Celeriac is a great seasonal veg and is an easy one to grow yourself if you've got your sights on being more self-sufficient in the future.
Sow seeds between February and April, plant out from May to June and then crop celeriac through the autumn and winter.
Packed with flavour, they're a nutritional powerhouse too, with fibre, vitamins B6, C and K plus antioxidants and minerals such as phosphorus, potassium and manganese.
Pair this with super-ingredient Seaweed for dish of utter goodness!
- 1 average-size celeriac, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 50g butter or oil
- 1 litre veg stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 - 2 tbsp pesto (try our Easy Seaweed Pesto)
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 1 tsp crispy onions (optional)
- Chop the peeled celeriac into cubes.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the celeriac, onion and garlic and sweat with the lid on, to soften, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 mins.
- Put it all in a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot and a stir in pesto to taste and add the Seaspoon Seaweed Boost.
- Sprinkle with the crispy onions if using.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: