The natural saltiness of the seaweed adds an extra zing to the caramel on these pancakes. You could always add a sprinkling of seaweed to the batter for an extra boost.
For the pancakes
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable, plus extra for frying
- pinch salt
For the banoffee seaweed topping
- Put the flour in a bowl and crack in the eggs.
- Add the oil to the flour. Slowly add in the milk, a bit at a time, whisking it in until you’ve a lovely smooth batter
- Heat a pan with a little oil and add a ladle-full of batter to the pan, tilting the pan to get the batter covering the pan in a nice full circle. After a minute or so, when you can see the pancake is starting to come away at the sides, flip the pancake! Cook until golden.
- Serve with a generous spreading of caramel sauce, sliced bananas, cream and a sprinkling of Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
Buy seaweed for this recipe and to power up your own recipes.