We spotted this hearty stew on Melissa Hemsley's Instagram page and simply had to have a go! We've added a seaweed twist to pack in even more vitamins, minerals and iodine.
For a dairy-free version, simply serve without without the yoghurt.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inch ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- 800ml veg stock
- 2 x 400g tins cooked chickpeas or beans (e.g. butterbeans)
- 600g root veg, roughly chopped to chickpea size (e.g. potato/parsnip/celeriac/squash)
- 1 bunch of leafy greens, (e.g. chard/kale/spinach)
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush
- fresh mint / coriander /parsley / dill
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt per bowl
- Gently fry the onions, garlic and ginger for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the turmeric, Seaweed Chilli Crush, and chopped veg to the onion mix and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and simmer until the veg is tender (about 15 mins). Add the cooked chickpeas halfway through.
- Add the greens and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Season to taste and serve with a dollop of yoghurt (if using), the fresh herbs and extra Seaweed Chilli Crush on top.
You can buy Seaweed Chilli Crush, along with all our other seaweed blends, online today...