We created this divine recipe in response to a request for a vegan version of our Seaweed and Cranberry chocolate brownies.
We've switched out the eggs for banana and flaxseed and the result is mighty fine. So, don't wait for Veganuary - give it a go today!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
- 150g castor sugar
- 120g ground almonds
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 30g dried cranberries
- 2 heaped tsp Seaspoon Dulse seaweed
- 200g dark chocolate, melted over a pan of hot water
- 250g raw beetroot, grated
- 1 overripe large banana, or 2 small ones, mashed
- 30g ground (milled) flaxseed, soaked in 150 ml water
- Icing sugar and extra cranberries to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray (roughly 20 x 30cm)
- Put the dry ingredients including the Seaspoon Dulse seaweed, the beetroot and the cranberries in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the banana, flaxseeds and melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your lined baking tin and cook for 30 - 40 mins.
- Once cooled a bit, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. Serve with more cranberries for decoration.
Buy Seaspoon Dulse Flakes from our webshop: