Breakfast on the go doesn't need to be processed, packaged or pricey.
Simply whizz together an awesome mix of seasonal fruit and veg with a milk alternative, boost it with seaweed, and the result is a cup of vegan goodness.
For anyone limiting dairy, seaweed is a valuable plant-based source of the iodine that your body requires. 1 to 2g of our Seaweed Boost meets an adult's RNI of iodine (recommended nutritional intake). The provenance of our seaweed sets us aside from supplements and pills, as it is traceable, local and 100% natural.
When creating a range of breakfast smoothie ideas, our cup did most literally runneth over when we used Manílife Deep Roast Crunchy peanut butter. They use hi-oleic peanuts, which boast more good fat than standard peanuts - a monounsaturated fatty acid that reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) whilst boosting good cholesterol (HDL).
Vegan breakfast smoothie with seaweed
- 4 dates
- 1 banana
- a small handful of spinach
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Manílife Deep Roast Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- a small glass of almond milk (or any similar milk alternative) - add as much or as little as you like, depending on your preferred consitency
- Whizz it up
- Drink it up
- Enjoy a nutritionally boosted day!
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: