Turkey mince is economical and relatively low in fat, so it can make for a healthy burger option on the barbecue this summer.
In this recipe, we've packed the turkey burgers with flavour from super ingredients seaweed and spinach. Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes for a boost of antioxidants too.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
- 100g fresh spinach
- Pack of cherry tomatoes (on the vine, if possible)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced turkey
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix or Seaweed Boost
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Pre-heat the over to 180c
- Cook the spinach in a little butter until just wilted, squeeze out any liquid and then roughly chop, ready to add to burgers
- Roast the tomatoes on the vine with a little oil, salt and pepper in the hot oven for 15 mins
- Finely chop onion, garlic and add to mince.
- Stir the chopped spinach, Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix or Seaweed Boost and remaining ingredients into the mince mix, and season. Mix well and shape into 6 burgers.
- Fry burgers in little oil, or barbecue, until brown on both sides. And cooked through (about 4 mins per side)
- Serve with the roasted cherry tomatoes, salad, and a bun if wished.
Buy Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix or Seaweed Boost from our webshop: