Food and lifestyle blogger Rebecca, of Rebecca Cooks, has created her own version of a quick Japanese style ‘Shichimi Tōgarashi’ spice blend which uses Seaspoon seaweed Umami Blend in place of Nori seaweed. This spice blend is an excellent seasoning for fries, but is also great in rice bowls, soba noodles, miso soups and to season meat/fish. Seaweed chips, yummmm!
You can follow Rebecca @RebeccaCooks_
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin batons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Seaspoon ‘Umami Blend’ seaweed
- 2 tsp dried orange peel
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Siracha and miso paste in a bowl until everything is incorporated. Chill in fridge.
- To make the togarashi spice blend; mix together the Seaspoon ‘Umami Blend’ seaweed, orange peel, chilli powder, sesame, ginger, poppy seed and white pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the potato batons, olive oil and two-thirds of the prepared togarashi spice blend. Toss the potatoes until fully coated.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lay out the potatoes flat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes before flipping and baking for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a plate, garnish with the rest of the togarashi blend, coriander leaves and the sliced spring onions.
- Serve with a side of Siracha Miso mayonnaise.
Shop for Seaspoon Seaweed from our webshop today!