Tofu is a hugely versatile ingredient and is a truly excellent source of protein, amino acids, iron and calcium. Tofu can be an invaluable part of a vegetarian or vegan diet.
In this recipe, we've paired tofu with two other vegan super-ingredients - seaweed and peanut butter. The result? A taste and nutrition match made in heaven.
We've used Mani-life Crunchy Peanut Butter. Their Argentinian peanuts are hi-oleic, meaning they have a higher amount of Oleic Acid compared to standard peanuts. Oleic Acid is a monounsaturated fatty acid, known as a good fat, reducing the amount of LDL (bad cholesterol) whilst boosting the levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It doesn't get better than this!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 150g tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 spring onions
- Handful fresh beansprouts
- A handful of mange tout / green beans or any other green veg
- 150g straight to wok noodles
- ½ courgette (spiralised or grated)
Stir fry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Manilife crunchy peanut butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix all the stir fry sauce ingredients together, including the Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush, and stir thoroughly.
- Fry the tofu chunks in a little oil until brown on all sides. Add 2 tablespoons of the stir fry sauce and spring onions, bubble for a minute or 2 until the sauce evaporates.
- In separate pan cook beansprouts and mange tout (or another green veg) in a little oil until slightly softened. Add to the tofu mix with the noodles and cook with the remaining stir fry sauce, until hot through.
- Stir in grated or spiralized courgette (this does not need cooking, just to be heated through) and serve.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: