This tasty, rich soup has a depth of flavour from the Sea Lettuce, and a sweetness from the corn. A lovely warming soup to enjoy around the campfire on a cool summer evening.
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 150g sweet corn 🌽 (can use frozen)
- 700ml Milk
- 1tsp vegetable stock, bouillon or stock cube
- 2tsp Seaspoon Sea Lettuce
- 1tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional to add some smoked haddock / cod or cooked white crab meat 🦀
- Finely chop vegetables (not the potato) and gently cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another minute.
- Gradually add milk stirring all the time.
You can buy Sea Lettuce from our webshop.
- Once simmering add everything else except the seaweed. Simmer for about 10 - 12 mins (don’t let potato become mush).
- Stir in seaweed and serve.