Seaweed and seafood go hand in hand and in this beautiful and flavourful kedgeree dish, Seaspoon Seaweed Boost is the ying to haddock's yang.
The natural saltiness of the seaweed will help you to cut right back on added salt. Whatever the time of day, it's always the right time for lashings of kedgeree.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 250g smoked, undyed haddock
- 300ml milk
- 1 bay leaf and 3 peppercorns
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350g long grain rice
- 400-500ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp curry powder
- Handful of peas
- Parsley, a small bunch, chopped
- 2 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 4 eggs, boiled until just hard
- Simmer haddock in milk for 5 mins, with the bay leaf and peppercorns. When cool break the fish into small pieces and retain the milk for later.
- Sweat the onion in little olive oil until soft. Add turmeric and curry powder and cook for a minute.
- Stir the rice and stock into the onion mix and simmer for 5 mins. Add the milk and simmer for a further 5 mins, stirring all the time (add more stock/water/milk if required). Continue gentle cooking until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the peas, Seaweed Boost, haddock and parsley. Serve topped with quartered hard-boiled eggs and a sprinkling of extra parsley.
You can buy Seaweed Boost, along with all our other tasty and easy-to-use seaweed blends, online today...