Red cabbage is an important player in the quest for a rainbow diet of fruit and veg.
Red cabbage is often present at a festive feast, but here at Seaspoon HQ we serve it up far more regularly, because of its incredible nutritional properties - boosted further in this recipe by the addition of Dulse seaweed flakes!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Half large red cabbage or 1 small red cabbage, cut into thin slices /shredded
- 1 eating apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Seaspoon Dulse Flakes
- Sweat onion in little oil for 5 mins
- Add cinnamon and cook for a minute, then add all the other ingredients including the Dulse Flakes. Stir well
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins at 190c /200c
- Serve with our Vegan Nut Roast
Buy Seaspoon Dulse Flakes, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: