Sweetcorn fritters are a store-cupboard/freezer-food staple. Captain Kate likes to put a twist on classic recipes, so you'll be digging out the frozen peas for this fritter recipe too!
Green peas are high in protein and feature a host of vitamins and minerals plus antioxidants as well. It's generally understood that frozen veg can outdo the nutritional value of fresh, due to being frozen at the source.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3, makes 6 fritters)
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g sweetcorn (frozen or tinned)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost (or 2 tsp Umami or Herb mix)
- 1 egg
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil for frying
- Boil the peas and sweetcorn for one minute, then drain
- Blend the peas and sweetcorn with the spring onions and seaweed, egg and flour. Season with pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with little oil. When hot, spoon in a tablespoon of mix at a time. Fry the fritters on both sides, until gently browned.
- Serve as you wish, we've used an avocado and tomato salad as the colour of the tomatoes gives the dish a lovely freshness.
You can buy Seaweed Boost, along with all our other seaweed blends, online today...