Pea and seaweed quiche
Hap-pea Great British Pea Week! Get stuck into a super summer quiche and raise a glass to the British pea farmers and the 2 billion portions of peas that they harvest from June to August.
The pairing of seaweed with these glorious green globes means you can reduce, or eliminate, adding salt in this recipe whilst also reaping the nutritional rewards of both these super ingredients.
- 375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 250ml double cream (or 50:50 with milk)
- 1 tbsp mustard (Dijon works well)
- 1 tbsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 35g parmesan, grated
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200°c
- Push your pastry into a greased 20cm flan tin. Trim the edges and prick all over with a fork. Let it chill for 15 minutes or so before covering with baking paper, filling with baking beans, and baking blind bake for 12 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and cream with the mustard. Stir in the Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, parmesan, peas and parsley.
- Pour the egg mixture into your case, and bake for 25-30 minutes until just set.
- Serve with a side salad and buttery new potatoes.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: