MEDITERRANEAN RICE WITH SEAWEED
We’ve all heard that a Mediterranean diet is good for us from our brains to our bones so presumably when you add a teaspoon of Seaspoon Seaweed to this sunshine-inspired cuisine you are quite likely to develop super powers!Packed full of natural vitamins and goodness, this dish is bold enough to take centre stage as a main course or would be an excellent accompaniment to seafood, lamb and chicken. This taste of the Mediterranean, combined with the rich maritime flavours of Seaspoon Seaweed, will create a holiday mood in your kitchen whatever the weather.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 300g long grain rice (boiled, drained and still hot)
- small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Seaspoon seaweed (Seaweed Boost, Seaweed Umami or Seaweed Herb Mix)
- black olives
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Sweat the onion and garlic for 5 to 10 minutes in a little olive oil.
- Stir in the rice, tomato puree, chilli flakes and seaweed.
- Stir for a minute and add spinach and stir until just wilted
- Add olives and feta and serve.
Shop online for Seaspoon edible seaweed today