Mackerel is famous for its Omega-3 content...and guess what...so is seaweed!
This nutritious fish and seaweed flakes recipe packs an essential fatty acid punch, so get it on your menu planner today.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 mackerel (gutted)
- 1 yellow and 1 red pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- Sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 dessert spoon of smooth peanut butter
- Score the mackerel (so it cooks to the bone a bit quicker) and brush with the sesame oil.
- Cut vegetables into match sticks.
- Grill the fish gently, turning after about 3 mins to grill the other side.
- Whilst the fish is grilling, heat a dash of sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the ginger for one minute. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 mins, add crushed garlic, lemon, honey and peanut butter and fry for a further minute.
- Take the stir fry off the heat and sprinkle with Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush. Stir gently.
- Serve a pile of vegetables with the mackerel on top, along with couscous (try cooking with water, stock cube, dahs of oil and 1tsp of Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix) or a green leaves.
You can buy Seaspoon Seaweed in our online shop today: