This guaranteed crowd-pleaser is a much healthier alternative to the freezer staple - with simple, honest ingredients and, thanks to the natural saltiness of seaweed, no added salt.
The Sea Lettuce twist boosts goodness and cornflour makes it gluten-free too.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 - 4)
For the goujons
- 250 - 300g cod or haddock, cut into strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tsp Seaspoon Sea Lettuce
- 4 tbsp cornflour
For the seaweed mayo:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- On one plate, mix the Sea Lettuce with half the cornflour and a grind of pepper. Put the other half of cornflour on a second plate.
- Dust the fish strips in the seaweed mix, dip in egg and then in plain cornflour.
- When all fish is coated, pan-fry in some oil, turning until crisp and brown on all sides.
- To make the seaweed mayo, simply mix the Seaweed Boost and mayonaisse in a small bowl.
- Serve everything up on a sharing platter with potato wedges, lemon and a fresh leafy green salad.