The best bit about this brownie recipe is that it's not quite as naughty as it looks (and yes, it's flourless).
Delive a little deeper and you'll see wholesome ingredients including Dulse seaweed, beetroot, ground almonds and dark chocolate. If you have raw cocoa to hand, that's another goal for Team Nutritious!
So all that considering, we think you'll agree that there's no harm in reaching for seconds!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8)
- 200g dark chocolate (melted over a pan of hot water)
- 250g raw beetroot (grated )
- 4 eggs
- 150g castor sugar
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 30g dried cranberries
- 2 tsp Seaspoon Dulse seaweed
- Separate the eggs
- Add all the ingredients, including the Dulse, to the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a lined tin and cook for 30/40 mins.
- Once cooled a bit, cut into squares and serve with more cranberries for decoration and dust with icing sugar.
Looking for a vegan alternative? Due to popular demand, we've created a Vegan Chocolate and Seaweed Brownie recipe, where the eggs are switched out for banana and flaxseed.
Buy Seaspoon Dulse Flakes from our webshop: