Dates are positively a super-ingredient with easily digestible vitamins and minerals.
They're also a great energy booster, so whilst the family is in a post-Christmas feast slumber on the sofa, share a platter of these little balls of energy around to revive the spark!
Now, who's ready for a game of charades?
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 15 to 20 truffles)
- 170g Medjool dates, stones removed
- 40g whole almonds, skinned
- 1 heaped tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 15g cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder if you have it)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor, including the Seaweed Boost, and blend until mixture comes together and the almonds are chopped up very small.
- Form into balls by hand and roll in cocoa powder or chopped nuts.
- Chill before serving.
Pop them in a nice little box with some tissue paper and ribbon, to make a fantastic gift too.
You can buy Seaweed Boost, along with all our other seaweed blends, online today...