This comforting pasta dish is elevated with the natural saltiness of the Seaweed mixed with flavoursome herbs.
This is a great recipe that all the family will love. For vegetarians, simply omit the bacon.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 80-100g pasta (fresh or dried) per person approx.
- 4 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 75g frozen peas (boiled for 1 min)
- 250g mushrooms (a mix of different ones if possible)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 75 ml white wine
- 200ml double cream
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp Seaweed Herb Mix
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley, chopped
- Boil a pan of water and cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- Grill the bacon (if using) and cut into pieces and put to one side.
- Cook the mushrooms and garlic in a little butter and olive oil for about 5 mins, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the lemon juice, wine, Dijon mustard, cream and Seaweed Herb Mix.
- Season the mushroom mixture to taste, heat and simmer for a few minutes until thickened slightly. Add the chopped bacon and cooked peas.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and serve with a sprinkling of parsley and grated parmesan.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: