Nut roast is a festive favourite at Seaspoon HQ, and for a very good reason.
This simple vegan nut roast is boosted with extra vitamins and essential minerals by the addition of Seaweed. Serve it hot on Christmas Day, and look forward to the leftovers (if there are any!) cold on Boxing Day.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6- 8 )
- 2 parsnips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 25g mushrooms (or 4 medium-sized), finely chopped
- 100g breadcrumbs (roughly 3 slices of bread)
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 180g whole cooked chestnuts, chopped (e.g.merchant gourmet)
- 25g dried cranberries
- 100g of mixed chopped nuts, toasted in the oven for 10mins
- 2 heaped tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix
- Preheat oven to 190-200c
- Boil the parsnips, mash and set aside
- Sweat the onion for 5 mins in little oil. Add the garlic, chopped chilli and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins.
- Add breadcrumbs, stock, chestnuts, cranberries, parsnip, nuts, and Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix and stir well.
- Put into a lined loaf tin. Cook for half an hour covered in foil and another half an hour without foil.
- Serve cut into slices.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Herb Mix as well as all our other nutritious Seaweed blends, from our webshop: