The natural saltiness of seaweed makes it a far healthier alternative to salt in salted-caramel or salted-chocolate recipes.
Give these super easy, super tasty and super impressive truffles a try and you'll see exactly what we mean!
Pop them in a nice little box with some tissue paper and ribbon, to make a fantastic gift too.
INGREDIENTS (makes15-20 balls)
- 150ml double cream
- 150 dark chocolate, broken up into squares
- 150 milk chocolate, broken up into squares
- 50g unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 heaped teaspoon Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- Cocoa powder, chopped nuts/seeds to coat the truffles
- Bring the cream to boiling point, but remove from heat just before it starts to boil.
- Stir in the small pieces of chocolate and add the butter. Keep stirring until it has all melted. You can put it gently back onto the heat if it does not all melt).
- Stir in Seaweed Boost and chill until the mix starts to go solid.
- Form into balls and dust in cocoa powder, chopped nuts or chopped seeds, and chill before serving.
Buy Seaspoon Seaweed Boost from our webshop: