CHICKEN, SEAWEED AND QUINOA SALAD
The perfect post-workout meal packed with complex carbohydrates and a protein punch that will satisfy your hunger and fuel your muscles.
Eating the right foods after exercise is important for recovery and performance. Chicken is the perfect protein to repair and rebuild muscles while quinoa will help replenish lost glycogen stores giving you energy for the rest of the day.
As if it couldn’t be any more virtuous, sprinkle on the Seaweed Boost and you’ll practically be able to see a halo above your bowl. Don’t listen to anyone who says you should never eat ingredients you cannot pronounce and rest assured this is not exclusive to body-builders!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 to 6)
For the chicken
- 8 boneless Chicken thighs or 4 Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- small Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 dessert spoon Chilli jam (we used Tracklements)
- 1 dessert spoon runny honey
For the salad
- 1 teaspoon of Seaspoon Seaweed Boost (put on top of chicken once cooked)
- 1 -2 packets of ready prepared quinoa, or prepare your own.
- 200g pack of feta cheese, crumbled
- bag of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 200g French beans / asparagus / mange tout, blanched. Or a mixture of any green vegetables.
- Marinate the chicken in above ingredients for a short while before cooking. Cook in oven at 180c-200c for 35/40 mins until cooked through, (put tin foil on top half way through cooking so it does not dry out )
- Heat the quinoa in microwave, or cook according to packet instructions and put into nice serving dish, stirring in the salad ingredients
- Take chicken out of the oven and sprinkle Seaspoon Seaweed Boost over the top.
- Top the quinoa salad with the seaweed chicken and serve warm, straight away.