CARROT & SEAWEED CAKES, GLUTEN FREE
The trend for gluten free is certainly on the rise with 1 in 10 people in the UK now avoiding gluten and in 2017 the free-from market showed a mighty 27% rise in sales.
Even if you don’t follow this diet, there is no denying that these wholesome carrot and seaweed cakes are just as delicious as they are good for you and perfect for lunch boxes, afternoon snacks or even as an on-the-go breakfast. With a good dose of vitamin A from the carrots and all those naturally occurring vitamins and minerals in the Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, you can lick the bowl to your heart’s content!
INGREDIENTS (makes 9 large, or 12 standard cupcakes)
- 25g Cornflour
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 2 eggs
- 75ml agave nectar
- 125g carrots, grated
- 25g pecan nuts (use just 1 type of nut if you wish ) chopped roughly
- 15g walnuts, chopped roughly
- 15g raisins, chopped roughly
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the agave nectar
- Add the dry ingredients to the eg mix, and stir in with the grated carrot, nuts and raisins.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for approx 15 mins
This recipe is gluten free is using gluten free baking powder.
Shop online for Seaspoon edible seaweed today