In mid-May, we're at the epicentre of British asparagus season.
Asparagus are full of good-for-you nutrients and just 5 spears can count as one of your five a day. Keep it healthy by sprinkling Seaspoon seaweed on simple blanched spears instead of salt.
Or take your asparagus to new levels with this quick and easy recipe, with the Seaweed Chilli Crush boosting flavour and goodness.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 1 x 500g puff pastry ( I buy it pre made )
- 1 or 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 burrata balls
- 6 slices of Parma ham or prosciutto
- Seaspoon Seaweed Chilli Crush
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Boil asparagus for 2-3 mins and rinse with cold water to stop them overcooking.
- Tear the burrata into pieces.
- Roll out the pastry and trim the edges of the rectangle (approx. 26 x 35cm).
- Score a line around 2cms from the edge, don’t cut all the way through pastry (just halfway, leaving a border of pastry) and prick the middle section with a fork (again don’t go all the way through pastry). Put in the oven until the pastry is risen and half cooked (about 15 mins).
- Spread the base with the burrata, a teaspoon of Seaweed Chilli Crush and top with the asparagus and the Parma ham. Sprinkle a little more Seaweed Chilli Crush and cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Serve with a green salad.
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed, and in our online shop today: