This gluten-free, paleo recipe, created by the expert foodie team at Hunter Gatherer with their Avocado Oil Mayonaisse, is perfect as a side dish for pretty much anything. Here at Seaspoon HQ we love it as a light working lunch, served on its own with a warm flatbread.
It's a quick and impressive side dish to whizz up at the weekend for friends and family - put it on the table and let them just dig right in!
By using seaweed in this Asian inspired coleslaw you get added Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin C. The Avodaco Oil Mayo boosts it with great fats.
For the slaw:
- 400g of shredded coleslaw veggie (green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red onion)
- 75g chopped cashews
- 3 spring onions, sliced
for the dressing:
- 150 grams Hunter and Gather Garlic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- Combine the veggies in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl, including the Seaspoon Seaweed Boost.
- Pour the dressing over the veg and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle with the cashews, spring onions and an extra sprinkling of seaweed and serve!
You can shop for Seaspoon Seaweed Boost, and all our other blends and flavours, from our webshop: