You might not instinctively think of baking with Seaweed but it's time to think again! The subtle flavour of Seaspoon Seaweed Boost makes it an ideal addition to any recipe, boosting it with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.
- 150g butter
- 200g castor Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (one 2g sachet) Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- 85g self-raising flour
- 100g ground Almonds
- 100ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 10 roughly chopped dates
- 100g chopped nuts
- 2 apples
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs, gently stir in rest of ingredients (except the apple).
- Put mixture in a spring cake tin.
- Cut apples into quarters and push down on top of mixture, sprinkle with some cinnamon if you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190c for about 40/45 mins.